Carpeted flooring – a popular floor covering for any room in the house. It has such properties as: noise and heat insulation with a small thickness and weight. Carpet flooring makes the interior much more comfortable. But, unfortunately, it also has an unsightly side – it quickly gets dirty. Then you need to clean the carpeted flooring, which requires a special approach and this is a rather time-consuming process.
What are the Main Factors for Carpet Contamination?
A carpeted flooring can get dirty for several reasons:
- Very active use;
- Spilling liquids on its surface, from which spots appear;
- Children are played on it;
- Contaminated by animals living in the house.
How to clean the carpet?
In order to quickly resolve the issue of how to clean the carpet, you will need one of the following available tools: baking soda; salt; acetic acid; tea; petrol; sawdust; soap; detergent; special shampoo or foam; dry powder for carpet cleaning; a vacuum cleaner; rag; sponge; cotton swab.
What is the best way to clean a carpeted flooring?
If you have to clean the carpeted flooring, you need to be prepared that this is a time-consuming and rather exhausting activity. You can always contact professional cleaning company to take care for the problem and save your time. Thousands of people in London have already chosen that option and have contacted ProLux Carpet Cleaning – undoubtedly, the most reliable cleaning company in London. It covers all the areas in London, working around the clock.
However, if you want to test your abilities, you can try to clean the carpeted flooring yourself. Here are some simple tips on what you should do to make your flooring clean and fresh:
Dry carpet cleaning
This technology uses dry carpet cleaning at home. It is performed as follows:
- Take a vacuum cleaner to clean the carpets.
- Put on it an S-shaped nozzle – with it you will not only remove dust, but also restore the fleecy surface.
- Apply a special dry powder to the carpet.
- Spread it evenly over the surface.
- Leave it to act on the time indicated in the instructions.
- Vacuum the treated surface.
Wet carpet cleaning
Wet carpet cleaning at home is very effective method for carpet maintenance, but should be carried out no more than once a month. Such regularity must be observed so that the coating does not lose its original appearance.
To use this method, do the following steps:
- Take a special shampoo.
- Put it on a covering.
- Spread the liquid evenly over the surface.
- Wait for a while when the dirt begins to rise to the surface.
- Vacuum the treated surface with a washing vacuum cleaner.
How to remove stains from the carpet with homemade cleaning products?
If the floor covering is not just dusted, but is distinguished by very ugly stains of various origins, remove them in a suitable way.
Remove ink stains as follows:
- Dampen a clean sponge with vinegar.
- Rub it with a stain.
- Take a damp sponge.
- Rub the treated surface and adjacent areas.
Get rid of blood stains by applying this method:
- Apply a soap solution to the contaminated area.
- Take a clean sponge.
- Moisten it in a 10% vinegar solution and wipe the stain.
- Rinse the treated area with warm water with a rag.
Remove traces of tea or coffee with acetic alcohol solution. Prepare it like this:
- Take 4 parts of vinegar and 6 parts of alcohol.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Lubricate the stain with the resulting solution.
- Rinse the treated area with warm water.