Basking in the sun is a good way to get a tan, but the summer heat can be unbearable, even in your backyard or on your patio. You could stay inside, but what if you could enjoy some shade in your backyard with a cool beverage in your hand? Retractable awnings are the perfect solution.
What Is a Retractable Awning?
A retractable awning is the perfect way to protect your backyard or patio from the sun’s rays or from rain. It comes with many desirable features.
- Motorized versions are available.
- There is no hassle in attaching it to the main structure.
- It does not alter the main structure of the building.
- It can be folded back to take up a minimum of space.
These are just a few features. Several other benefits make retractable awnings worth owning.
If you are planning to buy retractable awnings, you can look forward to enjoying several of these benefits.
- Shade From the Sun
Sometimes it’s fun to have some extra square footage for your home. Also having additional usable space in your cafe or restaurant will allow you to generate more money. Retractable awnings fit the bill whether you have residential or commercial property.
- Have a small gathering outside and enjoy the cool breeze.
- Protect your outdoor space from the sun and rain.
- Enjoy barbecuing in a sheltered space over a long weekend.
- Move extra things out of your house to free up space inside.
- Add space to your restaurant or coffee shop where you can set up tables and attract more customers.
- Reduce your exposure to the sun. Prolonged exposure to solar radiation increases your chance of developing skin cancer. People in the U.S. report having skin cancer more than any other type of cancer.
- Energy Savings
Often, a certain room gets more light than the others in your home. Sunlight generates heat, and it takes time for the room to cool, even after sunset. Using a fan or air conditioning will make the room live-able. But in summer, it can still be stuffy at night.
- Put a retractable awning over the window to block the sun.
- The room will be a lot cooler.
- Reduce your electricity bill by running your air conditioner less.
- The EPA states that awnings can curb energy consumption by 25%.
- Protection From the Rain
You can enjoy the pitter-patter of raindrops while sitting by the window with a cup of coffee, but think of its impact on the wall and window frame. These structures cannot withstand extreme weather for long.
- Awnings can protect the wall from losing its color.
- They lessen the chance of having damp spots on the wall.
- They give extra protection to the window frame and extend its longevity.
- You can enjoy your coffee outside while sitting on a couch under the awning.
- Expanded Living Area
Property value increases with the amount of floor space. If you have a small living area, you can expand the square footage by adding retractable awnings to your home.
- Retractable awnings increase usable space.
- They cause no structural obstruction.
- They are easy to use.
- Protection for Interior Decor
Direct sunlight is not good for fabrics, paint, and other elements of interior decor. You will want to protect valuable furnishings so that they last a long time. Retractable awnings are the perfect solution.
- Shading your windows keeps sunlight from coming in.
- Without direct sunlight, your carpet and couch color will last longer.
- The shade will protect your wallpaper from fading.
- Some awnings provide allergen protection.
- Awnings offer extra privacy.
- Ease of Use
Before buying an awning, take a good look at the product. There are several features that make awnings easy to use..
- Awnings are sturdy and can withstand the most severe weather.
- Motorized retractable awnings can be set up perfectly with just a few clicks.
- Manual awnings take up little space when they are folded.
- Water-resistant fabric increases the awning’s durability.
A Few Facts
People are more concerned about their well-being these days and look for quality products to protect themselves from nature’s harmful effects. You cannot always avoid sunlight, however, and its UV rays can cause severe skin damage.
- In the U.S., prolonged exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun causes about 90% of non-melanoma skin cancers.
- In 90% of cases, sunlight is a major contributor to changes in the appearance of skin that are associated with aging.
- In 40% of cases of furniture color fading, UV plays a key role.
Think about the changes you can make in your lifestyle or business with one simple installation of retractable awnings. If you are not familiar with the various brands, take a look at Rollac Retractable Awnings.